How to get healthy nails at home?
Do your nails look dull and unhealthy? Are they prone to breaking? You are not alone. This is a common problem.
Nails are composed of laminated layers of a protein called keratin. Healthy nails are smooth, without pits or grooves. In addition, healthy nails are uniform in color and consistency and free of spots or discoloration.
- Massage your nails thoroughly with some warm olive oil, covering both the top and underside of your nails. Wait 15 minutes, then wash it off with water. Do this 2 or 3 times daily.
- Alternatively, mix together 3 teaspoons of warm olive oil and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to your nails using a cotton swab. Allow it to dry, then put on a pair of soft, cotton gloves. Do this daily before going to bed, and in the morning, rinse it off with warm water.
2. Green Tea
Green tea can also make your nails strong and healthy. The antioxidants in green tea help prevent brittle nails as well as strengthen them. At the same time, green tea helps get rid of yellow discoloring.
- Brew a cup of green tea and allow it to cool. Soak your nails in it for 10 to 15 minutes, twice a week.
- Alternatively, prepare a nail soak with 2 teaspoons of green tea, a pinch of salt and a few drops of wheat germ oil. Soak your nails in this mixture for 5 minutes, then wipe it off with a dry cloth. Repeat this procedure twice a week.
- You can also mix a few drops of green tea essential oil with coconut oil or aloe vera gel and massage your nails with it once or twice a week.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is another versatile ingredient that can repair and strengthen damaged nails.
- Break open a vitamin E capsule to extract the oil.
- Apply the oil on your nails and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Do this daily before going to bed for a few weeks.
For added benefits, take vitamin E capsules orally after consulting a doctor.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has various nutrients, such as magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron that promote nail health. In addition, its acidic nature can.
- Mix equal amounts of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and water in a small bowl. Soak your nails in this solution for 5 to 10 minutes, once daily for a few weeks.